Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Glasses!

So I finally got some new glasses - my current pair I bought probably 6 years ago or so at Walmart back in college, as I needed a back-up pair just in case something happened with my contacts. I didn't wear them regularly until a few years ago though when my contacts and my eyes didn't want to agree (every time I wear them for more than an hour or so this annoying filmy stuff forms all over the lense, making my vision all blurry).

Anyways, Jay totally stretched my wire frames out so that they fall off my face whenever I bend over so yeah, it was definitely time for some new ones! And I wanted to get some prescription sunglasses too or at least some clips to go on my frames so I have something like sunglasses.

The stores are EXPENSIVE though!

I stopped into to Eyeglass World as they have a special - 2 for $78, but learned that with the reflextive coating and all the other stuff I would need because my eyes are so bad (ie: making my lense thin enough since they would be took thick otherwise) it would be closer to $200 instead of $78.

I started looking online and after coming across 5ohWifey's blog and post about Zenni Optical I decided to buy from there. Their frames start at $6.95 (although mine were both closer to $10) and after all the extra stuff I needed for my lenses my regular pair cost around $30 and my prescription sunglasses cost $35! After shipping, it was right around $75 for both! Talk about a steal - my old ones from Walmart cost me almost $100... and that was just for 1 pair!

I was a little hesitant at first - buying glasses online without knowing for sure how they would look on me... but they do have a feature on the site where you can upload a photo of yourself looking straight (I used my laptop's built-in webcam to snap a photo) and then "try on" the glasses that way. You can also use one of their dummy models that has a face shape similar to yours too if you don't want to upload a picture.

My only complaint really is how long it took - I ordered them on September 21 and they just arrived today, October 11. Roughly 3 weeks. I get it, they have to be crafted to the exact prescription and stuff, but still... seemed like forever and I was REALLY needing new glasses, the way Jay likes to pull rip my other ones off my face.


They're a bit strong, as my eyes got a little worse from the prescription my old ones were (which again, are like 6 years old, lol...), so I'm wearing them around the house tonight to get used to them.


So, what do you think? Yay or nay?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308961_10100252625149279_30800316_46816978_1387496932_n.jpg https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316077_10100252625568439_30800316_46816979_1836307666_n.jpg 

Better view of the sunglasses, with side detail:
http://mediacdn.zennioptical.com/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/255x102/3b61aaa59667ba46a41804bac5f380ed/o/r/order_detail_4898.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment